Merry late Christmas!


Advertisement
Published: December 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

HighlightHighlightHighlight

Emma, baby guanaco and the barbie cup
It has been a few days since we last found the time to throw some words up here. We took a 32 hour bus ride from Chile to Bariloche, Argentina. It sounds bad but we played spades (girls: 578, boys: -77), ate lots of salami, bread, cheese and apple sandwiches, and did loooots of sleeping. The highlight came at a gas station where a baby guanaco (llama look alike) had wandered into the parking lot and was garnering much attention.
Christmas Eve found us with a rental car once we reached Bariloche and a cabin right across from a beach on a wind blown lake. Much driving around ensued. We picked up two hitchhikers with too many bags of beer and ended up down this dirt road and in a house full of hippies. It was cool but we had lakes to see so we cruised on. After cooking a good meal, and our dirty socks hung up on the dresser waiting for Santa to visit us we took a vote and decided to give our presents that night. Much anticipation and build up had been given to our Christmas presents so this was a huge deal. We all are thoroughly pleased-- Santa did a good job.
Christmas day we made a huge breakfast and then picked up Aye, Gordo{s girlfriend, at the bus stop. The day was beautiful so we went swimming. TOO cold.
Basically, we{ve just been cruising around in our car. Bought a lot of jelly. Heading to Valdivia, Chile tomorrow at 9am. More to come later!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Santa came!Santa came!
Santa came!

the anticipation was more than we could bear...
BarilocheBariloche
Bariloche

view from the cabins we couldn´t afford but still a good taste of the area...


28th December 2006

Christmas presents
I would love to know what everyone gave/received for Christmas!?! Graham, Neil and I got double the presents bc you were not here...I am just kidding! We missed our brother...did you miss Papa Lou praying for the soldiers?
28th December 2006

Penguins on the loose
Wild mami & TP. This is great! and it sounds like you´ll have lots of material for a new movie like the one you did in the US. Enjoy mild temperatures because you both penguins are going to melt down as you start travelling north in January. Have fun and take care. Besoss
28th December 2006

I'm curious...
What did everyone get from Santa?
28th December 2006

I'm starting to get jealous
Y'all are having too much fun. Stop it. Get a haircut and real jobs.
29th December 2006

you´re the one with this crazy idea nick face! find yourself a geisha while you´re doing whatever it is you´re doing! we miss you!!

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb