La Boca, BA - Day 3


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
January 7th 2017
Published: January 15th 2017
Edit Blog Post

6/1/2017

After having only two hours sleep from the previous night, Scarlet and I still made it down for breakfast in the morning. We had booked in to go on a walking tour around La Boca which is an area that is known for its colourful buildings, football scene and also violence/dangerousness. We were waiting around for the tour to go for a while and 30 of us got a public bus. With so many on the bus, little sleep and a slight hangovjer it wasn't that enjoyable! Once we got to La Boca it was all worth it. The buildings, graffiti and atmosphere were amazing! Everything was so colourful and bright. The only thing that let us down on the tour was the tour guide. Although he was so sweet and cute, his English wasn't very good and he wasn't very informative about the history of the neighbourhood which I was interested in. It was a bit disorganised because we stopped for lunch which ended upb taking nearly two hours and he even waited on the tables! We went for lunch elsewhere. We grabbed a sausage and bread from a street food stand and it was amazing for only 60 pesos! And it had more chimmyjanga sauce on it. Whilst we were waiting for the others the finish lunch (a geordie lad and a scouse lad sent theirs back because they had to wait for so long and it was poor quality! We were glad we did not go there) we sat outside a bar/restaurant on the street. This shopowner got so angry at us and started sweeping dirt away and into us! Ellie is fluent in Spanish and told us that he was shouting 'out with the rubbish, go home, your trash'. This was the first unpleasant thing I'd come across in the trip!
Once they had finished their lunch we went to the Boca Juniors stadium which was cool. However, this would have been better with a better tour guide but he was making us laugh loads! We made our way back to the hostel at about 4pm and went and chilled on the rooftop which was cool. In the evening my throats was getting progressively worse and people couldn't even understand me ! (Due to the alcohol, drugs and cigarettes I'd been consuming the night before I was losing my voice). Scarlet and I decided to have an easy one and lay off the alcohol as we both had sore throats. We went to the market to buy food and cook at the hostel. We got ravioli which was ok but was never going to be amazing ! After that we chilled around talking to Bella, talia, Ellie, Jordan, Matt and Felix.
Scarlet, Matt, Felix and I played 2 v 2 pool (Matt and I lost the first match but Felix and I won the second). After that Ellie told us that Chrissy (who we had made friends with the previous night) was on her way to the airport as it was her last day and she was flying home. A taxi driver took some money from her and stole all her bags ! It reminded me that I needed to stay vigilant on the trip and not get too comfortable. Scarlet and I watched some stuff on her tablet and then went to bed!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb