All Boys v Velez Sarsfield


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
November 26th 2012
Published: November 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On Sunday I travelled to the Estadio Islas Malvinas (no not The Falklands!) in the Floresta barrio of Buenos Aires to see the All Boys v Velez Sarsfield match. Going into the match All Boys were in 14th positon whilst Velez were joint top with 3 games left. All Boys is one of the smaller clubs in the city about the same size as Argentinos Juniors. Its less intense at these smaller clubs although we still got held back for an hour after the kick off to give the Velez fans time to disperse.

After an even first half with few chances, All Boys stepped it up in the second half and missed a hatful of chances including hitting the bar twice. They were made to pay for these misses with Velez scoring 2 late goals to take the points. With title rivals with Lanus only drawing 0-0 Velez look in good shape to take the title and could clinch it next weekend at home to bottom club Union.

Not sure what game I'll head to next weekend, may check out the River v Lanus match at the Monumental!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



27th November 2012

Are you available
A Fairydean player was injured on Sat. They need a replacement. They will trial over Christmas!

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb