Iguazu Falls - Part Two - Puerto Iguazu


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
February 28th 2013
Published: March 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So after leaving the Brazilian side of the falls it took us two hours to cross the border and to get into Argentina. We got off the bus at the station and our hostel was literally just across the road. The place wasn't up to much, it looked like it was last decorated in the 70's and the windows didn't close so we knew we were going to get bitten to shit by mosquitos. We only stayed for two nights though so it wasn't too painful! After arriving we spent the rest of the day just chilling out and getting munched on by the mozzies, as there wasn't enough time to visit the falls that day.

The next day we arrived at Iguazu falls and we really weren't sure what to expect to be honest. The views of the falls from Brazil had been so amazing but everyone we had spoke to said the experience was even more incredible from the Argentine side. We hopped on the little train which transports you across the national park and began our trek (in flip flops) to see the mighty Garganta del Diablo (Devil's Throat). This is the main attraction of the park and the biggest waterfall. You walk across metal platforms suspended over the river and with each step get closer to the edge of the waterfall. As we got to the Devil's Throat, we were more prepared and put on our rain macs. The sheer size, power and noise of the fall was mesmerising, it looked like it would just swallow you up. I guess that's where the name comes from! After having fun getting sprayed by water and taking lots of pictures (I should say it was actually only me taking the pictures though as silly billy Jon boy forgot to charge his camera, so was left carrying a dead weight round his neck most the day. He was not a happy chappy!) we made our way to another trail - the lower trail which takes you right to the bottom of some of the smaller waterfalls in the national park . We started our walk through the lower trail to the next fall and noticed everyone coming back from this fall was absolutely soaked. Quickly put on the rain macs again! It was incredible you got to get right up close to this roaring fall! We got pretty wet even with our rain macs on but it was actually really refreshing and all good fun.

Our time at the falls was amazing and we were so glad we got to see both sides. We couldn't really pick a favourite as they were so different. From the Brazilian side you got to see the grand overview of the falls but on the Argentinian side you got to see them from right up close. Both very beautiful and definitely a must see if you are ever in this part of the world! Time to head to Buenos Aires now for 8 days to start learning some Spanish. Back to school we go!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



11th March 2013

All that meat but still no bacon!! fantastic blog great to see you're experiencing as much as possible xx
13th March 2013

It all looks awesome! xx

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb