Chile - San Pedro de Atacama


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
November 5th 2011
Published: November 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Leaving Arica our next stop was San Pedro de Atacama in the heart of the Atacama desert. It is a lovely tourist town that definitely kept its flair. Our stay was also defined by a very touristic but stunning program, starting with a trip to the Salar de Atacama, a giant salt plain with a lots of Flamingos and some beautiful lakes. The second day we enjoyed the pool at the hotel we were camping at (at the parking place, still not cheap),Sabine went on horseback riding in the afternoon and the third day we splitted up, Sabine took a tour to the famous Tato geysir and I climbed a vulcano which was over 5600m high, very exhausting but both exciting! During our whole stay we had two companions, Conny our new German friend (thanks for the idea to climb a Vulcano by the way) and Lucy a black dog which didn't get off our sides for three days, she was even waiting two hours in front of a restaurant while we were eating. Finally after over two months (with a short break in Peru) the day came to leave Chile! We did it on a very impressive road over the Paso Jama which led us over 4800m. Right after the boarder we made an almost capital rookie South America mistake but more on that next time...


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb