Iguazu Falls: Lots of rainbows....but I am still searching for the pot of gold:)


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
July 25th 2011
Published: August 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The anticipation to see family had been building up for weeks, so when I finally saw my sister, it was definitely one of the happiest moments of my trip. It was also nice to get to see her on her 30th Birthday! I was a little afraid she was not going to make it as she has missed her first flight, but she was able to get on another flight, and arrived only 3 hours later than expected.

The second best part of staying with my sister is that she is not really a hostel person...so we got a hotel room which was really nice. They had clean bathrooms (with no cracks in the wall), breakfast delivered to our room, a television, heating....now this is what I call living the life!

Although we only arrived into the city at 7:30 and left for dinner at 9:30, we were not considered to be late by any stretch of the imagination. In Argentina, people usually dine after 9. Based on the recommendation of the hotel, we decided to dine at a popular steakhouse and had some really juicy steak with a bottle of wine....it was really good and our waitress even sang happy birthday to my sister😊 I must admit that after meeting so many new people and saying the same introductory speech over and over, it was really nice to have dinner with someone who knew me.

We decided that we would go an see the falls on Saturday (the day after arriving), as the weather was supposed to be great. Originally I had wondered how much time we could spend at Iguazu falls....but there are different view points and falls within Iguazu National park. For instance we saw salto chico, salto dos hermanos as well as impressive views from the paseo garganta del diablo....and it was quite stunnning. My favorite part was by far the numerous rainbows that appear due to the reflection of the sun on the moisture from the waterfalls. It was also interesting to see coati everywhere....they are raccoon like animals....I guess people feed them so they hang out around a lot of the picnic spots.

Apart from viewing the falls, it was nice to stay in the city of Puerto Iguazu, as it is a small and quaint city. However, the next stop on our trip is Buenos Aires.....which if rumour is correct....is anything but quiet.

Hasta pronto,
Caitlin





Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0752s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb