Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
July 27th 2010
Published: August 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Iguazu Falls are AMAZING!
Whatever we write in this blog won´t do the falls justice. You just have to go and see them!

After our 16 hour bus journey from Florianopolis, we arrrived in Foz de Iguazu (Brazil) and we decided to stay there for the day and check out the Brazilian side of the falls. So, we got kitted out for the day, loaded the bags into lockers and headed into the park. We walked some trails for a few km along the falls which brought us right up beside them. Before we left that evening, Peter & Martin did some rapelling (abseiling) down in front of the falls. Unbelievable view and a bit scary!

Then we headed for our hostel which was over the border in Puerto Iguazu in Argentina. We had quite an interesting taxi journey trying to cross the border but we got there in the end!
The following day (Sunday) we went to see the Argentinian side of the falls where you get a completely different and probably more impressive view of the falls. The boat trip was a must, so we threw on the rain jackets and went right in under the falls where we got absolutely soaked! Great experience though.

The next day we went into the town and walked around and checked out our options for moving on to Rio. We booked a bus for the Thursday.

We were lucky that the time we happened to be in Iguazu, there was a full moon, so that night we did a dinner & tour at Iguazu falls under moonlight....breathtaking!

The weather was really nice as well so we just relaxed in the sun for a few days and went to a restaurant that Liz & Richard rcommended to us (It´s called AQVA). Thanks guys! It was a nice break from ham & cheese rolls!
Time to catch our 24 hour bus to Rio!

Hopefully the pictures will help you appreciate the falls. They were so impressive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



12th August 2010

Amazing falls !
Hi colette, just back from holidays in France. Had a really great time. Lots of time in the water ; Atlantic, Med and aquamarine thalassatherapie pool. Shots of the Falls are amazing ! I know its extremely difficult to capture them on film but I get a sense of the emormity of them. Went to Niagara a few years ago and did the boat trip. Was blown away by the force of the water. Yuor falls look way more impressive however ! Really enjoying your travelblog. Well done !

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb