The 1st Long Bus Rides


Advertisement
Published: June 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Saw both sides of BA last Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday we walked from San Telmo to La Boca which is a rough port area with a small well known art district in it, the guide book says to take care if you're not in the main tourist area - trying to be too smart and without a good enough map we found ourselves quite a way from the main tourist area. Got out again in one piece, but it was a bit scary at times, on the upside we walked around and past the Boca Juniors stadium. Wednesday went to the richest part of BA, Recoleta - famous for it's cemetery, the rich like to show their wealth in death as well as in life. As cemeteries go it's impressive and worth a visit. Eva Peron is buried there, her family tomb is not as impressive as many of the others but by far the most visited, has the most flowers and is the best maintained.
Did the 1st long bus journey - 500km, 8 hours from BA to Parana, excellent service - buses have big comfortable seats , a lot better than the American Airlines flights we took from Tokyo- NY - BA, and friendly helpful service - nothing like the miserable old hags on AA who seemed to think their service was a favour.
Took an overnight bus from Parana - Puerto Iguazu - 1000km, 15 hours, was great again, left Parana at 22h, had dinner on board then slept for ~8 hours. Fresh croissants picked up en route with coffee for breakfast. At Posadas everybody else got off and we had the whole bus to ourselves for 5 hours!!
More about Iguazu soon, it's fantastic !!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 17; qc: 67; dbt: 0.125s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb