Fallin' Over in the rain


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
July 30th 2008
Published: July 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

I have just spent the last two days in Puerto Iguazu in Argentina, to visit the famous Iguazu Falls.

On the first day I took the trip to see them from the Argentinian side, as well as take in a 'Deliverence' type trip down the river ( just to reaquaint myself with my friends the mosquitos!), and a speedboat trip that includes getting 'baptized' ( in other words getting soaked) under a couple of the waterfalls. - that was fun, but taking a change of clothes might have been handy, as I had to spend a couple of hours sunning myself vaguely dry afterwards.
The views are breathtaking , and it is almost impossible to describe the noise that the falls generate. It's a shame that the photographs really cannot make you comprehend the vastness of the waterfalls.

So after the first day and one more large steak later, it was time for the trip to the Brazilian side. So after 4 buses, and a border crossing I finally made it, only for it to start chucking it down with rain the moment I arrived. It was still definitely worth it, as you get to see a much more complete view of all of the falls together, although with the rain comes the mist, so the views weren't as clear as the day before.
So then 3 buses, 1 missed stop and another border crossing later and I made it back to Puerto Iguazu once again soaked! - and it's still raining!! (I must have something about bringing rubbish weather with me - as it never rains here!!)

Not really much else to do here as once again it is really just a town that caters for trips to the falls, so it's off again to do what the Argentinians do best - eat steak drink wine, and sit about whiling the evening away.

Off to Cordoba tomorrow - just a 21hr coach journey this time!!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



31st July 2008

Wet Behind the Ears!
Superb photos Trev, but as you say the noise has to be heard to appreciate the true power. Bit like sailing across the end of a glacier in reverse - there is nothing to hear but the towering sheets of ice are out of this world. What is it with you and buses? Are you getting Eaton up with the fascination of collecting numbers and sore bums? Is this a career-changing point in life? Or will you survive the trip vowing never to sit on a bus again!!!!!!!! Harry Potter quote (Book 4 - re the Night Bus): "Fasten your seat belts and clench your buttocks - we're in for a bumpy ride!" Watch out for the Gauchos in Cordoba!
31st July 2008

"Wow"!
Absolutely magnificent photographs Trev, and even a rainbow just for good measure. I can`t imagine how you must have felt seeing and hearing this spectacular sight. I can understand why you should want to travel to see this from all the best vantage points. Got to be worth another tube of Anusol. As for your old friends the Mozzies, I expect they smelt the blood of all those steaks you have been eating, there`s always a downside to the pleasures in life. I should imagine the rest of your trip will seem pretty dull after this, unless there is yet another surprise around the corner. All I can say is "Wow"! Take care love Mumx

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb