Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Published: September 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Another highlight for us in South America was definitely the beautiful Iguazu Falls...

Taller than Niagara Falls, twice as wide with 275 cascades spread in a horsehoe shape over nearly two miles of the Iguazu River, Iguazu Falls are the result of a volcanic eruption which left a large crack in the earth. Of the many tall cascades that collectively make up Iguazu Falls, the semi-circular Devil's Throat is by far the most awesome. It is the world's mightiest single water fall (in terms of water-flow volume) - and its incessant roar is deafening, to the point of being terrifying.. In the pics you can see the water cascading down here, creating a continuous spray from its intensity. We saw the falls from both the Argentine and Brazilian side. The Argentine side has the best and most varied up-close views of Iguazu Falls while the Brazilian side has the spectacular panoramic view.

The forests around Iguazu Falls host hundreds of wildlife species including jaguars and pumas. However, many of the creatures are nocturnal. Still, we spotted a number of interesting creatures during our trail walks. These included colorful birds (such as toucans and parrots) and striking butterflies.

We spent 2 nights at the falls and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our hostel was amazing and even had a pool!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



21st September 2006

Hi Sarah This place looks amazing, looks like you're having quite the adventure! Happy Birthday for last week, hope it was special xx

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0816s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb