Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Published: June 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Puerto Iguazu from Salta after 24 hours and three different bus rides ready to see the waterfalls that we had heard so much about and are a World Heritage site. Iguazu Falls are on the border between Argentina and Brazil so it is possible to do two different day trips to see the falls from different perspectives.

After a good nights sleep we headed to the Argentine side of Iguazu Falls. Once there we caught the train with the plan of heading straight to the devils throat. When we arrived at the middle station we found we had to change trains and join the back of a long queue. We decided to avoid the queue in the hope it would be shorter later and explore the other areas first, this turned out to be a good decision.

The Argentine side of the falls is up close and personal as there are walkways along the top and along the bottom of the falls as well as to the top edge of the devils throat. There are a lot more viewing platforms on the Argentina side so we were able to see lots of different parts of the
falls.

The following day we checked out of our hostel and headed for Brazil. The border crossing was quick and easy.

We had heard different opinions about going to see the falls from the Brazilian side and met quite a few people that only visited the Argentine side of the falls. It was expensive so we spent quite a while debating if we should go. In the end we decided that as we probably wouldn't be back we should go.

The view from the Brazilian side is a panoramic view with fewer walkways but with the opportunity to get up close (almost under) to the falls and with great views back up to the devils throat. This was absolutely stunning and gave us a really good appreciation of the amount of water constantly going over the falls.

We were really glad we made the effort to see both sides as they are both very different and we really enjoyed the Brazilian side.

Next stop São Paulo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement















15th June 2014

Iguazu Falls
Brings back some great memories :-) We are really enjoying reading your blog entries Robyn xx

Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb