Somewhere under the rainbow!


Advertisement
Published: June 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I love Iguazu falls! It is brilliant and beautiful and wonderful and fabulous!!!! I was especially excited about visiting them as I´d just seen Indiana Jones go over them in the new film!

The falls themselves are on the border of Argentina and Brazil, so you can visit on both sides. Although I was in Argentina, I visited the Brazilian side first as the general consensus seemed to be that if you visited it 2nd then you were a bit disappointed after the Argentinian side.

The weather in Brazil was a bit rubbish to start off with, then eventually the sky cleared a bit to let the sun through and there were rainbows everywhere! It was so beautiful and I loved it! Couldn´t imagine that the other side could be any better.

The next day the weather was gorgeous to start off with which was obviously great! On the Brazilian side you get a good panoramic overview of lots of waterfalls, but on the Argentinian side you can get really close to the fiercest waterfall- Gargantua del Diablo, the devil´s throat. I also went on a speedboat ride that went under the sprays near some of the falls. Great fun but you can´t really see much because of all the water in your eyes. Got completely soaked despite wearing a waterproof jacket!

The only problem with the falls is that you get carried away and end up taking 200 or so photos of pretty much exactly the same thing from different angles! Great fun though!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Devil´s throatDevil´s throat
Devil´s throat

Mahoosive waterfalls on the Argentinian side


13th June 2008

Did u take that Photo in the tourist shop!!!! I HAVE ONE JUST THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0905s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb