Iguazzzuuuu!


Advertisement
Published: January 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

looking over the fallslooking over the fallslooking over the falls

argentine side of iguazu
The adventure to iguazu has been a journey in itself i jumped on a bus from BA and prepared myself for the 17 hour journey which by south american standards is nothing special... but a nightmare when you sit amongst 20 kids on there school excursion. but alas i made it and booked my trip to the argentine side of iguazu straight away. I met some great canadian guys who decided they were up for it as well and joined me on my transfer out there.

The day started at 8 in the park and finished at 3.30 which was our transfer home which we only just made. we must have snapped off close to 150 photos with all the combinations of falls and poses we could think of... yes there were some shamefull tourist moments but we didn´t really care either.

The next day was my designated get my Brazilian visa day... i was not too confident to be honest but i had heard good things about this place. first of all it was a mission just to find as it was a little low key and resembled the drive in window at macca´s... (1 guy behind a
fallsfallsfalls

don´t poop on the stairs(sorry in joke)
perspex glass window set as the shop frount). if it wasn´t such a small town i could have been struggling. anyways i went through the procedure i had been through in BA numerous times before and this time with out an entry/exit ticket and a few dodgey instructions on what to write in which box i was told to leave the passport with them and come back in 2hours.

a nervous 2 hour wait and then boo ya... sweet as here is your ticket to brazil....it seemed less of a process than picking up my passport photos in buenos aires.

The next day i said goodbye to the canadians in true style lounging by the pool and drinking 2 for 1 caprihanias (not sure on spelling)...i had only ducked into town to pick up a few things from the supermarket when another guy from the hostel asked if i wanted to go to the brazilian side to see the falls... so 20mins later we were in a cab across the boarder.... Brazil at last!

The falls on the other side were conquered alot quicker but i managed to rattle off some great pics of the devils throat
falls 2falls 2falls 2

tourist shots
and panoramic views of the park.

there was a bit of an issue coming back to argentina as we never got our brazilian entry pass which was a 169 real fine if you lost it... we managed to get back with alot of smiling and playing dumb... the guy turned out to be pretty cool about it all in the end.

and that is it the last few days have been by the pool in 35 degree heat sipping caprihanias waiting for my card...yes the waiting game is slowly killing me lets hope it arrives soon hey haha.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

falls 3falls 3
falls 3

boat ride under the falls
falls 4falls 4
falls 4

devils throat
falls 5falls 5
falls 5

brazilian side wild animals
falls 6falls 6
falls 6

brazilian side devils throat
falls 7falls 7
falls 7

me... yay


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb