Partying and Asado in mendoza!!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza
December 8th 2008
Published: December 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So we went back to Santiago for 1 night before heading into Argentina to meet up with Al and Kelly. Really looking forward to getting back there as i loved Mendoza the last time. So when the spectacular Andes popped up in the distance i was getting really excited. It was only an 8 hour bus journey and was pretty handy trip.

After pulling up in the taxi we hooked up with al and Kelly who were strolling down the path. Its always weird meeting someone from home in the most unlikely place(although we arranged it a month ago). Its reminds you whats good about travelling and just how different it is.....

Straight on the booze then(which isnt very different to home). We ended up having an Asado that night(and every other) in the hostel. An Asado is just basically an Argentinian BBQ though really put the Irish to shame on this. To make them they burn wood for about 2 hours and then slow cook the meat under low heat so it comes out like jelly. Absolutely amazing!! Makes a mockery of the Irish grilled 15 minute rubber we come out with. And its about 2 euro for a kilo.(Im aware i just wrote a paragrah about meat but its that good!!!)

So with a beautiful hangover we decided to do the vineyard tour. We rented bikes which as it turns out isnt great for the hangover and there 11 vineyards to visit in all. We only ended going into 1 cos they do the tour and tasting and we didnt see the point in doing it 11 times. It was really good though and we also vistied an olive farm which was tasty!! That night another Asado was had and i ended up staying up to 6 am trying to bash the guitar while another irish guy was screaming into the harmonica!! Good craic....

So you get the jist of Mendoza, meat and booze. We redeemed the point of it a bit aswell when we went white water rafting 1 of the days which was great craic. But again that night we ended up in a night club which served this poisionous cheap ass spirits. Regretted that the next day!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 70; dbt: 0.105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb