Homeward Bound


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza
December 24th 2005
Published: January 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

These last pictures are of the beautiful city of Mendoza and our final asado on the roof of the Quinta Rufino. We were joined by some of the fine friends that we made while in Mendoza. This, our final blog entry, also shows us at the Buenos Aires Airport as we wait for the plane to take us home.

I'm sure that each of us would recall a different part of the trip that seemed to be the most memorable. It's amazing to think of how many things we packed into a 10 week trip - Spanish lessons, The Intercultural Institute, the week of volunteering at the school, evenings with Karl's English Speaking Group, tours of Mendoza's parks, museums, wineries and the chocolate factory, and then our 5 week trip to Patagonia, visiting Bariloche, El Bolson, Esquel, Puerto San Julian, Rio Gallegos, El Calafate, El Chalten, Villa Traful, San Martin de Los Andes, and north to San Rafael.

As with all journeys, the meaning and the impression that it leaves on each of us will deepen with time. I do think that we would agree though, that the Argentine people, with their warmth, innocence, and generosity of spirit, is what makes Argentina such a great place to visit.

Looking back on the past 10 weeks in Argentina, I feel extremely grateful for all of the kind support that we received from each of the student's families. Also, I appreciate that support and sacrifices from my family for putting up with my extended absence as winter descended upon Idaho. Thanks also to Julio and the Garcia Family for their hospitality and thoughtfulness.

We wish Alex the best as he heads home and on to college.

We are already looking at maps and thumbing through our Spanish Dictionary as we think about our next trip South !





Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Delayed In The Buenos Aires AirportDelayed In The Buenos Aires Airport
Delayed In The Buenos Aires Airport

Ryan And Mike Don't Seem To Mind


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb