Day 32 and 33


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
February 18th 2011
Published: February 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Okay, I’m going to complain a little bit more. So I wasn’t feeling too well, the bus trip took it out of me, and then there was the early morning, followed by a long day. So last night I wanted a good nights sleep. Well at 2am in the morning some idiots starting talking really loudly in the hostel. Normally most people staying at hostels, unless they are party hostels, try and show some consideration for other people and are quite after 11pm.

But no, not these idiots.

I could have gotten out of bed. I could have asked them to be quiet. But I didn’t. Instead I tossed and turned, I dozed and I woke up. And overall I had a pretty terrible night.

And after all of that it was back onto a bus back to Mendoza.

19/02/2011 - Day 33

Well I still wasn’t feeling the best. But there are something’s which you just don’t pass up. And in this case we only had one day, today, for doing a wine tour in Mendoza.

So we rented some bikes, beautiful things with baskets on the front, and began the wine tour.

Huge fun. You have to give it a go if you’re in Mendoza. You only need to stop at three of four wineries, we stopped at 3 plus a place that sells liquors. Two of the three offered real tours with a history of the winery and the buildings before the tasting. One only offered the tasting. And then we came to the place that specialises in liquors. There we tried absinthe, not actually a liquor but a spirit. It is strange to believe that after all these years people still think of absinthe as a dangerous drink, with dangerous psychoactive properties. However it has been shown that the psychoactive properties of absinthe are those created by the alcohol, as in other spirits.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb