Mendoza


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
April 8th 2009
Published: July 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Mendoza is in the wine making region of Argentina. One of the big things to do in Mendoza is to take a wine tasting tour on a bike. Hmmmmm...drunk people on bikes. I don't know if that's such a good idea. Side note: Argentina keeps their best wines in the country and exports all the rest.

I head out to rent bikes with Sarah and Laurent. We rent our bikes from Mr. Hugo's and only cost each of us $10 USD for the day. So, what do you get for $10 USD? You get a free map of the wineries, a bottle of water and a bike. You also get a free glass of wine (parting gift from Mr. Hugo) when you return the bike. There is another rental place further down the road where you can rent bikes. They give you the same thing plus a helmet and insurance for $5 USD more. We all have travel insurance, so, I don't see why we need the extra insuranace. Oh, and I forgot, the other place will also call an ambulence for you if you get into an accident. I don't know how that will be possible considering they don't go with you on the tour. Besides, safety is not a concern in South America.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb