Tango and Sunday life


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
December 28th 2008
Published: December 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Here in Mendosa it is Sunday and the city is quiet and slow to get going. I like a city where Sunday is for family life and msot shops are closed.

We walked around for a long time and it was wonderful to have the city so much to ourselves. This city is well laid out and has some beautiful parks and plazas, everywhere are sidewalk cafes and the culture is laid back and relaxed. After an afternoon siesta which fits perfectly into life here we were ready to go for dinner. Time schedules are different here. We breakfast at 10-11am, have a light lunch at 3pm and then a siesta followed by dinner at 10pm.

Tonight we went to a Tango club. We have been to a few before in Buenos aires but this one was very good, better food and exfellant choice of wines. The dancers and singers very talented and their was a video with the history of the area and of the development of the wine industry and the dance intertwinned. All very interesting and enjoyable. As always the dancing and music is wonderful making us feel that we can be no where elese but in Argentina. A wonderful evening.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb