Camping overlooking the river


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Corrientes » Corrientes
March 16th 2012
Published: March 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

CampgroundCampgroundCampground

Looking across the river to Brazil
Again, we have no idea where we were exactly so sorry if the location is incorrect

After breakfast at the hotel, we walked across the way to the camp site to put our baggage back on the truck and we drove off on another long driving day. A couple of toilet stops and we stopped for lunch at the edge of a garage forecourt as there was a bit of shade. The weather is really hot!!

It was our turn to do lunch so we got it all together - cheese, tuna and ham and the day before's pasta salad. Also some oranges we cut into quarters. After lunch was cleared away, back on to the truck for the rest of the long drive towards Puerto Iguazu and a 'bush camp' for the night.

We stopped in a very green park overlooking the river with Brazil across the water. It was a lovely spot. However, there were no proper facilities - just one toilet without a door.

As there was no chance for an upgrade, we pitched our tents with everyone else.

We were on dinner duty also with two others so we made a vegetable-type
CampgroundCampgroundCampground

Ours is the green tent!
curry with coconut milk (not enough curry powder nor milk - the budget wouldn't cope!)

Got into our tent at around 9.30 pm as there was little light and nothing to do and we had to get up early the following morning as we were on breakfast duty.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb