Capilla del Monte


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Córdoba
May 3rd 2009
Published: May 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A torrential downpour had just flooded Capilla del Monte when we arrived. In the evening light and the heavy heat, the town easily caught our fancy. The next day and the discovery of the main street would show us it was all a bit more run down, but nonetheless this stayed a pleasant town. Talking about the universe made me long very much to brushing up on astrophysics again, there's a big field of knowledge that i've left untouched for many a year, and this can not be.
We celebrated the first of May on the municipal campground, which involved making friends with dogs. One of them, which the ultimate mistress of love called 'Dances With Wolves', set out with us to the lakeside, and got a ham and cheese sandwich for the road. A bunch of aggressive canine fellows, including some nasty Rottweilers, were effectively intimidated by Justine's dog skills, and we arrived at the lake. In between the rocks, we found a level spot to put up our tent, and the dog growled at the water - it was the first time he saw something like this. While making polenta and watching the stars - and accidentally stepping on Justine's already pretty gangreenish big toe - , we felt like quite the family.
The second of May saw my love falling sick, and soon we were gone from the lakeside, and into a room at the very pretty Hospedaje Nuñez, where our dog friend sadly couldn't enter. More of 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' was read (with my apparently British reading voice), and we took things slowly, so as to speed up recovery. The next day, we lay in the sun before finding DWW back at the campground. He eagerly came with us again, and we went for shopping, internet, beers and very tasty pasta - not at all a dog's favourite pastimes. After dinner, we mixed cheap red wine and a melon into sangria, to make the upcoming busride more pleasant. And then, we got back to the Capital Federal.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb