Mendoza and Cordoba


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Córdoba » Córdoba
March 9th 2011
Published: March 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hey,

quick update from the city of Cordoba, since the last entry sleep has been difficult to come by. From Chile we came back over the border to Argentina, making for the city of Mendoza, hoping to find somewhere comfy to bed down, as the last place we stayed in Santiago was a little ´different´. So upon arrival in Argentinas wine producing capital we followed the big star in the sky and came upon a small inn. We asked the keeper if he had any rooms available but was told that there was no rooms at the inn, and that we should look somewhere else. So we were put back out into the night where we traversed the city asking inn keeper after inn keeper only to be told the same story, no room at the inn, move on. Eventually we gave up, and stumbled wearlily into a local bar, homeless, sunburnt and exhausted. We decided that we could go no further and would make our stand here, remain alert, guard our backpacks, and see out the night. Within a few minutes Natalie was asleep on my shoulder, counting sheep. Then, out of no where, three wise men came and brought me gifts, containing Fernet (argentinian liqour), beer and vodka, which kept me going until the sun came up, and the night survived. Upon the appearance of the sun, roles reversed and i became significantly more reliant on Nat, as my eyelids now weighed much more than normal. Nat managed to get us a bus ticket to Cordoba that morning, and so saved the day, meaning we could sleep on the bus and look for shelter in the next town.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Homeless in MendozaHomeless in Mendoza
Homeless in Mendoza

When local people tell you to book a room during the Mendoza wine festival. Listen!


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb