correction, centro & Evita museum


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Córdoba » Córdoba
March 5th 2011
Published: March 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Little correction: the university was built in the 17th century and is the oldest in Argentina and the 4th ot 3rd of whole South America. To build the close iglesia de la compañía de jesús, several thousand indios in the north of argentina were educated and they made all the pieces of the church, which then were transported to Córdoba (where no trees grow that could be used to construct such a building).

Today I walked through the whole microcentro plus extensions. On a Saturday, half Córdoba is there for shopping, eating, having coffees etc. Fortunately, there are many possibilities to quickly sit down because it's still quite hot. After the city tour, I visited the Evita museum (museo superior de bellas artes). On the way to the museum I passed by the only gothic church (iglesia del sagrado corazón padres capuchinos) in Córdoba. Between all the yellowish or reddish churches such as iglesia catedral or iglesia santaa catalina de siena, this church looks very 'heavy' (pictures follow).

Traffic behaviour in Córdoba is quite Italian...but one gets used to it quite quickly. Shopping - clothes and food - is really cheap here. A good, big ice-cream is 4 pesos, which is about 1 sFr.

Btw: the asado yesterday was great! I don't know exactly what i was eating, but it was delicious and a lot! Ah, and Fernet is really good :-) I guess it's difficult to survive here for people who don't eat meat or don't like sweet stuff (dulce de leche is great, but sooo sweet), although I saw a vegeterian restaurant yesterday!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb