Patagonia, Argentinia


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Chubut » Puerto Madryn
April 21st 2011
Published: April 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

So we finally made it to Patagonia after a whirlwind 7 nights in BA. It was a mission to get there let me tell you, we trotted off to the airport in BA all ready for our week long adventure only to find that our flight had been cancelled and the entire airport shutdown, not to mention all other airports in BA closed. Not happy jan!! We had no accomodation booked and found that all the hostels we wanted to sleep at were booked out so we had to stay at the most dosgy hostel you could imagine in BA by the name of Tango. The door knob fell off, Gav almost cut his face open with a low flying fan and the entire hostel were stonned and morbid and listened to death metal and didnt speak a word of English.

Take two and we left the hostel that morning ready to get out of BA, we finally got on a flight to Patagonia and boy were we in for a treat, it was freezing, amazing, beautiful and just picture perfect. We got to our hostel in a little town called El Calafate and it felt like we were staying in somthing out of a postcard.. We looked around town and then what better way to get settled the to go horse riding in the cold, fresh mountains.. after the ride we got to sample some amazing farmstead food, fresh soups, meat that melts in your mouth and red wine that is just amazing.

The next day was spend resting, sleeping, reading, walking around town, sleeping again and just recovering from BA.

Every night we sampled the most mouth watering feasts that Patagonia had to offer, fresh lamb stews, warm meats, soups and hot bread and Parrilla.. mmm yum! FATTYS.

Day 3 we ventured off to see the Moreno Glacier and were we impressed. That was by far one of the most breath taking sites we have ever seen. Photos need to be seen to be beleived.

Day 4 was meant to be a big trecking day in Torres Del Pine but I got a mean man flu and was resorted to bed rest at all costs, sad we missed the day but you win and loose some when your on the road.

Day 5 We left El Calafate and had an 8 hour bus ride to El Chalten where we got the most amazing hotel room for the durationof our stay at a proper hotel. We had a king size bed with the most fattest feather doona with a bath and hot running water that never ended, it was bliss and we needed it as we didnt know what was in stall for us the next day...

Day 6 We started trecking at 7 am, hike, scenery, more hiking, zip trecking, hiking and a 35 km all round trek that tested even the fittest of hikers along terrain that can kill, it needed to be seen to be beleived and it was just plain hectic. Gav and I both survived, 12 hours of doom and gloom, ice trecking, ice climbing, blizard conditions.. Fun and games now but at the time our bodies all but shut down and we ate for the Olympics after that hike and slept like babies for the rest of the night. Exhausted.com!

Day 7 Back to El Calafate for a night and then a 3 am bus back to the airport and then plane back to BA for one final night before heading to Uruguay..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb