where have all the whales gone?


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Chubut » Puerto Madryn
January 15th 2007
Published: February 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Again another long bus journey from b.a to puerto madryn, 20 hours in total but ona bus i can describe a a moving hotel....oh yes thank god a real bus at last rather than a moving shed on wheels. I was sad to leave katie in the millhouse as we all had such a good time together but she was going home and had already traveled the south.

So theres me, hannah, niome and maya the 4 girls on a road trip to meet up with the lads that had left before in buenos aires, now this bus was good infact when it finally reached our destination we we fast asleep and had to be woken up, i would have stayed on there another day you got hot food and wine and a movie in english ...bueno bueno!

We met with niomes cousin wes and also our other friends danny,gil,lior. We hired cars for the day which 2 others from the hostal and went to the national park to see the elephant sealions and penguins, these beaches are where the killer whales come right up to the shore to eat the sealions (i think thats what there doing on the post cards either that or commiting suicide by beaching themselves ...i dont think its that though)

We saw lots of sealions on the beach and the penguins swimming and waddling on the beach, the whales have migrated now though i think they went mabe in november or december time.

After hopping though some shrubland full of prickles and spikey things we got to watch a really amazing sunset on the cliffs...it was really amazing, really wished we were here in whale season that would have made my day seing one swim by!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

oh how romanticoh how romantic
oh how romantic

this sun set was really cool
now this is scarynow this is scary
now this is scary

this ios right after i sat my fat ass on my sunglasses and compleatly broke them! huh!
all the boysall the boys
all the boys

lior,danny wes and gil


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0771s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb