Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Catamarca
August 28th 2011
Published: September 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi There!

Our last full stop was Iguazu falls on the Argentinian side. We had such a great time there!

Our hotel was the only one right next to the falls, but on the day which we arrived we just relaxed by the pool and enjoyed the views.

The next day though, we got up and straight from breakfast embarked on the adventure! The amazing thing about the Argentinian side is that you are so close to the waterfalls- we could actually stand underneath and get wet! We followed the trail and marveled at the fabulous water features, including Devils Throat. We also made friends with the curious animals there, Coatis, as well as the colourful and inquisitive birds who would land next to us. We stood in a place where you were sprayed by the waterfall and got drenched within 5 seconds! Despite that, we were still all up for a swim in the pool when we got back.

The next morning despite our complaints, Emma put a 5.30 wake up call in our room, and then when it went off she wasn't even there! After breakfast we left for the Brazilian side of Iguazu. We arrived in Foz de Iguazu and again were stunned by the beautiful scenery, although we were not so close. There were many picturesque views, as well as much more greenery. Then we went to the Park de Aves, a bird park where many gorgeous toucans, mackaws, parrots and more soared above your head, occasionally heading for you! The park also contained reptiles and turtles.

For us, we preferred the Argentinian side as you were actually in the waterfalls rather than observing them, and we found it more thrilling. However the Brazilian side was better for beautiful landscape photos.

-Alicja


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



4th October 2011
Anna photos 796

heyy
heya guys! I lovvv ur website

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb