Cisco SFP GLC-LH-SMD: An Ideal Module for the Short/Long Range Networking


Advertisement
Published: December 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Connectivity issues are mostly resolved with the help of advanced technologies. Cisco is among the most reliable manufacturers supporting the industry with latest technologies. Cisco SFP GLC-LH-SMD is a specialized product which provides best connectivity solutions in networking sector. With the passage of time, this product has achieved heights of attention in the industry for its significant features. This module has been designed to meet with challenges of optical transmission in the networks. It is considered a perfect opportunity for the connectivity between sort and port of Gigabit Ethernet when being used in fiber optic networks.

Features of SFP Transceiver:

It is essential to have knowledge about the features of this SFP transceiver in order to understand its true potential. This model is GLC-LH-SMD and it has center wavelength of 1310 nm. This wavelength is supported by the FP laser type which enables the transceiver to get access to 10 km maximum. The optical power is 9 to 3 dBm. It means that this product is excellent for the tough environments where transmission of data is difficult. Commercial temperature of the module is according to wide range of working environments. For example, it can be utilized in an area where every day temperature remains below 5 degree Celsius. Official commercial temperature range offered by Cisco is 0 to 70 degree Celsius.

Ideal for inside installations:

In most of the cases, networking inside the factories and mills create lots of technical issues. Deterioration of the wires, cables and equipment is one of the most important concerns. It is recommended to focus on this model because it can work in the hot environments. It has a maximum range of 70 degree Celsius making it ideal for the factories. It is recommended to install the line with a protective cover providing extra shield. This connects with MMF/SMF fiber type offering DOM function with a maximum transmission rate of 1000 Mbps.

Difference on transmission distance:

We have mentioned that it has MMF as well as SMF type fiber. However, it is essential to check the performance or distance coverage of each type. The MMF type works best with 500 Hz bandwidth for 550 meters with core size of 62.5. On the other hand, the second core size (50 nanometers) works perfectly for the same distance with bandwidth of 400 Hz.

The SMF type is mostly used for the short distance networking. These networking projects cover a maximum range of 10 km. Further information about the cabling, connection and Ethernet ports compatibility can be obtained from https://www.cozlink.com/modules-a272-275-273/article-74053.html.

The cozlink is a reliable platform with thousands of descriptions, protocols, solutions and reviews on different networking products. It is aimed to deliver the technical knowledge about the networking products being manufactured in the industry. On the other hand, this online technical discussion platform enables the IT professionals and experts to learn about the best materials to be used for a specific type of networking project. It would be better to learn about the basic as well as latest materials with reviews.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0904s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb