A European city within Latin America


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
October 27th 2006
Published: October 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Buenos Aires, a typlically buzzing European city which the Argentinians are proud to call their capitol city..

Setting foot into Buenos Aires was like walking into home away from home. l was amazed at how this city is made up of fabulous European architecture and culture. At first glance l felt like l was in Paris by all the beautiful roman style buildings, people rushed to and from places like they do in London and similar to Milan, people thrive themselves on fashion by dressing to impress at all times.

It's funny being in this city as it looks and feels very European, although the Argentinians would prefer not to consider themselves as part of South America rather part of Europe, the Peso is worthless after the fall of the economy in 2001 making everthing in this country extremely cheap.

After yet another 24hr bus journey from Foz to BA, (l have to comment on the quality of the buses throughout Brazil and Argentina, they are supurb! Big comfortable reclining chairs, dinner served with 2 course meals making the journeys less painful than what we expected) the 4 of us arrived in Buenos Aires and checked ourselves into
Ricoleta CemetaryRicoleta CemetaryRicoleta Cemetary

Evita´s tombstone
the Tango Backpackers hostel. Here we were to meet up with our travelling buddies for the last 2 weeks Jono, Kelly and Caroline (aka Paddy and Murphy).

Roming around the city to visit the sights l had come here to see - Ricoletta cemetary, where all the superior class Argentinians are buried including Evita. The cemetary is made up of tomb stones that are bigger and more roman like than the vatican itself! It's very impressive. The Presidencial Palace where Evita stood over the balcony in her hay day adoring the cheering crowds. It was then time to experience the nightlife people rave that Argentina accomodates. One of the clubs we went to was called the Opera Bay, similar looking to the Sydney Opera house, it overlooked the sea and by night it was a stunning view. Similar to Brazilians, the Argetinians can party, dance and love their music.

For any travellers out their thinking about going to Buenos Aires, l highly recommend you do and spend 3 to 5 days. Enjoy the diverse South American culture, everything is really cheap so indulge in the nightlife.

Next stop, flight to Lima in Peru to meet up with Gareth and spend out last few days with the girls, Belinda and Chelsea.

PS My mobile has not been working since entering Argentina (for the last 2 weeks) so please send me an email rather than a text message if you need to get in contact. Cheers.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Buenos AiresBuenos Aires
Buenos Aires

Streets of Buenos Aires
Buenos AiresBuenos Aires
Buenos Aires

Kelly aka Murph, Jono, Nadia and Caroline aka Paddy.


Tot: 0.302s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb