Happy Birthday Trish!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
August 28th 2006
Published: August 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Happy Birthday Trish!Happy Birthday Trish!Happy Birthday Trish!

A lovely surprise birthday cake, thanks guys!
We have just had an excellent weekend celebrating Trish's birthday. Thanks to Opodo we were able to get a good deal for a night of luxury at the Sheraton Libertador in the centre of Buenos Aires. We had forgotten what it was like to sleep in a massive bed with a proper mattress and huge fluffy pillows. So many huge fluffy pillows that most of them had to be thrown on the floor to allow us to sleep!!

The rooftop undercover swimming pool was lovely as we can't remember when we last went swimming either! It afforded a terrific viewpoint over the city, just a shame the views aren't great!

On Saturday (the big day) we went to Puerto Madero where we dined in style at CabaƱa las Lilas (sorry, the website is only in Spanish, and don't be put off by the list of bull semen available to order, the company is a working breeder too!) . All the guidebooks and online reports suggested the steak would be the best in Argentina and we were not disappointed. The service was exceptional and we were made to fell like esteemed guests.

On Sunday we met up with friends at one of
What a steakWhat a steakWhat a steak

Beautiful food for a birthday treat. The wine was superb too.
our favourite haunts, La Chola, just round the corner from our apartment. They even brought a birthday cake with them which was a complete surprise to Trish when the waiter brought it out. Mario singing "Happy Birthday" in English was a treat too!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

SwimmingSwimming
Swimming

Who would have thought that going for a swim would be such a birthday treat?!
BA rooftopsBA rooftops
BA rooftops

It's not such a glamourous city seen from the rooftop view.
BA by nightBA by night
BA by night

BA by night can be quite a special place.
A birthday drinkA birthday drink
A birthday drink

A cosy drink in our favourite pub (The Van Konig) before going out for a meal with friends.


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb