Travelling to South America


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
February 19th 2013
Published: February 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

BA Prince HotelBA Prince HotelBA Prince Hotel

Street in BA 1
I have been to Spain many a times. But was the virst time in Madrid airport. Quite impressive. I now feel the gripe of Michael O'Leary is true. If it was in the middle ages we would now apprecite the marvels of this airport structure but as contemporary it is such a huge squandering of money which Spain never had. At the best of times it is less than 25% used. This is the international terminal. I hope the "local" ter inal on the other side fares at least a bit better.

Flight to BA was good with Iberia, no screens in front of you as is the case with most midle east flights, but who cares. Unfortunately like in some other coutries all European flights seem to arrive at the same time in BA leading to a huge waiting at passport clearance. But this is South America and we have learn to get used to that.

Took a bus to city center with a taxi from there to the hotel. It would have cost a lot to get a taxi from the airport to the city. Coming from the airport to to the city center ( chock-a-block with traffic) we can see that Buenos Aires is "progressing" to tht eventual gridlock which is affecting so many major cities of the world.

Had th first Argy steak in an in unspicuous restourant. I have to say it was excellent with an Argy red.

Rest for tomorrow



"


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb