Argentina.


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
May 22nd 2012
Published: May 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Buenos Aires reminded us alot of London and ended up staying our first night in not the nicest hostel but in a very posh district in which we could afford nothing. But did get transport straight from the airport, so cant complain about door to door service. We moved the next day to another district more toward the centre of BA which was decorated with alot of art and grafitti as it was known as the Art Factory. After dumping our stuff we headed out for dinner, but seeing as the language was now portuguese it was rather challenging being able to order something we actually liked, but saying beef and cow bought us a steak which we were more than happy with. After, we went to go and find a market but got lost but we suceeded in finding alot of cobbled roads and old buildings. Had to go back for a nap after this as after 5 months of travelling we are exhausted after even a small activity such as eating. That night we went to a nice square lit with fairy lights, but not the most appetising meal but did sit and watch a couple doing the tango in the middle of the square which was nice, as the tango shows were too expensive for us to afford at this point, so got some culture in! After our first full day in BA, we can safely say we are bored of cities and bored of BA as we feel it didnt have much to offer and we kept getting lost! We caught the metro to different districts as our plan was to go sightseeing, but after a few statues and buildings wasnt really much more to see and it was all abit dull as architecture isnt really one of our passions, so we left, and dont really intend to go back to BA anytime soon.

Caught a bus from BA bus terminal which had over 150 bus bays which was a challenge, we then boarded our bus for a fun 18hour overnight bus journey, our longest one to date. Wasnt too painful really and did sleep for most of it even though uncomfortable and served an awful awful meal which we didnt even touch as it looked like dog food really but we survived and arrived in Iguazu the following morning. Not sure if where we stayed was the centre of the town, but it was tiny with the bus terminal being the biggest building, a handful of shops, resturants and hostels and not much else. This is perfect for us as we now prefer smaller places like this as its easier to relax and cant get lost. As we are in Aregentina it only seems right to be eating steak everyday which we are enjoying immensly. So the main point of going to Iguaza was of course to see Iguaza falls. There is no words for it, it definatley went beyond expections! When we arrived at the park we had to catch a train to the top of the waterfall, and then a short walk to the view point and you could see the spray a distance away so we knew we were getting close. We already knew what we were going to see would be breathtaking but did not expect to get as wet as we did, and after a second or 2 we were soaking wet, and the cameras didnt agree with this so not many or any good pictures of the falls itself. But this gave us an opportunity to take a step back and let us appreciate the enormity of the falls, even though this proved difficult as the spray was a little blinding! After this we went to wonder around the rest of the park with hundreds of different waterfalls, and as we love them we thoroughly enjoyed it but think we have seen enough for a good few years now!

Next stop Brazil! Our stay in Argentina was short as it didnt prove to be our favoriate country but we did have some very good times there, just another 17 hours bus journey to go!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb