An earie experience with a Columbian


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
January 23rd 2010
Published: January 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 5-6: Thought I´d make a quick entry before heading into the relative wilderness of Patagonia. Last day in BA was going fine - just spent the day lazily meandering around the shopping district on Avenue Florida. After a drink in our hostel, Adam got it in his head that the best idea was to go to a giant club, but I wasn´t overly keen. We´ve had a lot of late nights recently, we´re leaving early-ish the next day and would get back to the hostel at 6am as clubs only open extremely late. Adam was insistent though. We have to go to this club (Crobar). It´s supposedly the best night out in the world. People fly back to Buenos Aires from all over the continent just for that night. He probably made that up but the most convincing argument was that he was going to go regardless of what we were doing, even if it meant being he was on his own. We couldn´t let that happen, not even to Adam, so we went. Emotional blackmail. Being halfway through reading ¨yes man¨ by Danny Wallace I also felt a little duty to give this whole saying ´yes´ thing a go. So we paid our 60 pesos and off we went. The club was a massive let down. They played some music called ´house´. Now I don´t know much about this kind of music, but this doesn´t sound like the type of music you´d expect to hear in a house. More like on the way down to hell having been rejected by Peter at the Pearly Gates. For four hours. I also suffered the humiliation of being bitten on the ear by a gay Columbian, who then kept asking me if I felt uncomfortable around him. Of course I am. You bit my ear.

Thanks Adam. Your advice has left me with a banging hangover and a feeling of being sexually abused. And a sore ear. Go on your own next time.

Also, met a girl who even Adam admits was a spitting image of his sister. Maybe it is his sister? If she follows us to Patagonia that´ll be conclusive enough proof that she is. On a spying mission.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb