Salsa!!!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
January 19th 2006
Published: January 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, lessons seem to be going well. Marisa is still flying along at a cracking pace. Means I´m learning a lot but I´m not quite sure how much is sinking in!

Last night we went to a salsa class. Unfortunately it started an hour before we arrived, so they were already doing some fairly advanced stuff. So I, and some others of the less well coordinated students from school found a table, sat, drank, watched, pointed and laughed. Which was fun.

Eventually some of the Brazilian students from the school arrived. Being Brazilian, dancing is in their blood, and they all looked amazing. So towards the end of the class I let one of them teach me a little. After the class it just turns into a club, and the salsa coninues til about 4am.

It was actually really good fun, and I´d like to go again, but to turn up in time for the start of the lesson!!!

This has nothing to do with the place being absolutely rammed with really hot women....

By the way Gurn, my mobile was out of action for a good week or more after a can of Guarana exploded inside my bag between Rio and Foz do Iguaçu. It´s fizzed back into life now, so it may be worth trying again?!

Advertisement



19th January 2006

Wogeo Challenge TM Buenos Aires
In line with your salza stories apparently the tango singer Carlos Gardel (1890-1935) is still worshipped like a god. Every year thousands make a pilgrimage to his grave, climb up to the life-sized statue, and place a lit cigarette between its fingers. You know what to do billy and dont forget to post up the photo... that is if you can take on the Wogeo TM challenge

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1162s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb