Week 2 & 3


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
January 19th 2006
Published: January 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Jesus above RioJesus above RioJesus above Rio

Well worth the climb!
Not satisfied with waterfalls from one side we had a look at the other.. The Argentinian side was immense, taking us close to the individual falls. It was an amazing 44 C which meant for hot work but and amazing day. According to the resident guides they were trying to build us up so by the time we saw la Garganta del Diablo (the big one) we were right in the zone.... It was amazing.

For the next few days we deteriorated - Dave´s sunstroke turned out to be stomach upset which knocked us both out for days - we´ll spare you the details.
We managed to leave the sweat pit of Iguaçu and headed for Corrientes, hoping for cooler weather. Unlucky!! This sleepy little dock on the River Parana was also baked in sunshine. The Hotel del Rio did us proud and provided us with proper A-c and an outdoor swimming pool. It had a lovely riverside promenade and great trees and parkland.

Having recuperated we headed for Buenos Aires - famed for Dave´s stunninng academic career.. The bus ride in was hardly restful, as rain being so rare they don´t seem to waterproof the buses!! In the
Rio GraffitiRio GraffitiRio Graffiti

Just one of many great pieces
words of Evita ´Watch out Buenos Aires! We´re here!´

I thought that having lived here for six months I would be able to take Carrie on a guided tour - but 7 years seems to have been a long time for both BA and myself as things seemed to have moved or disappeared.

I thought that as Dave had lived here - I could just sit back - but after a few hours I began to wonder if he had ever been here before...

We´ve done all the main sights, eaten extremely well - pasta, pizza, more meat, cakes - tea with milk - hooray.

We have had a fantastic time - this is a great city and we´re making the most of it.

We realise that this is late so we are going to roll weeks 2 and 3 together.

Week 3
From Bs As we took another long over night coach down to Puerto Madryn. This particular journey was spiced up by various meat and potato based meals and a game of BINGO led by the second driver!!!
The countryside has totallly changed as we went through the Pampa of central Argentina
The Iguacu FallsThe Iguacu FallsThe Iguacu Falls

Mucha Agua!!!
and into the Patagonian plains. On the journey we saw, Rheas, Llamas, Parrots and some funny looking dog/rabbit things that we have yet to identify.

Puerto Madryn is hot and amazingly windy. It is the stepping off point for the Peninsula Valdes, home to sea lions, penguins, whales and Orcas - although so far we have only seen them in pictures.

Our hotel is quite fun - we came back one night after a nice meal to find that there was a large German Shepherd in our bathroom, sat there as if he owned the place. Apparently he had jumped in through the window!! It is quite an odd experience going through your evenings ablutions whilst being watched by a large slobbering hound!

Spent one day on the beach getting a bit of a tan and also getting sand blasted. We move off tomorrow to Rio Gallegos heading for Ushuaia and the end of the world!!

Hope you´re all well




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb