Football crazy!!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
October 16th 2005
Published: October 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

River v BocaRiver v BocaRiver v Boca

Toilet roll anyone?
We were told that when we came to Buenos Aires, we should try and see a football match at either River Plate or Boca Juniors to experience the fanatacism of the Argentinian crowds. With looking at the schedules we managed to arrive in B.A just in time for the ´Classico´ between these two giants of the game. We were taken to the ground by bus then walked amongst the cheering River Plate fans through security pat downs and into the crowd. We were warned they might confiscate camera batteries (potential missiles) but luckily they turned a blind eye.
The crowd were really hyped up after a two hour build up and when the teams came on the pitch thousands of streamers were thrown onto the pitch, flares were let off, and both sections of supporters twirled umbrellas in their teams colours. The match itself was a draw, but I think seeing the fans reaction to a goal would have been more spectacular than the goal itself!
I spent the following day trawling the shops for a replica shirt in a particular style and colour. I came close in La Boca, but this might have been a risky location to buy an
River v Boca (ii)River v Boca (ii)River v Boca (ii)

La da, la da, la da ,la da la Bocaaahhhh!
opposition shirt! Found one eventually in Av. Florida, the Oxford Street of Buenos Aires... looks the business!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb