Tango City


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
January 4th 2008
Published: January 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everybody!
We had an interesting thing happened to us on our way to the airport yesterday. When the taxi stopped at redlights, sellers would come up to the window with newspapers, ice cream, maps, etc. I didn´t pay much attention until a man came up holding 6 rats by their tails. I was in such a state of shock that I didn´t even try to get out my camera. Walt started asking the driver if the animals were hamsters. The driver agreed with me that they were ratas.
We love Buenos Aires! It reminds us of New York City because it is bustling with activity. This morning there was a big parade of state employees that were protesting something about their benefits. They marched down the street with banners, musical instruments, and fireworks. Our hotel is in the central part of town so we have been able to walk to several plazas. The old Spanish buildings and statues are beautiful! We are looking forward to big, juicy steaks here! We will be here until Sunday and then will depart for a cruise around the S. part of the continent to Santiago, Chile.
Take care,
Everette


Advertisement



9th January 2008

The rats
Everette, Your "incident" reminds me of Lima, except the street people, if not selling Chiclets or cell phone covers, were trying to steal a purse from the car. Windows up, and doors locked! We haven't been to BA yet, but it's on our Bucket List. Enjoy, and be safe, Karen

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb