Cathy´s birthday


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
March 19th 2007
Published: March 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The adventure has begun. We departed Vancouver a few minutes late and had a very smooth flight to Toronto. We had a two hour stopover in Toronto so we were able to help Cathy celebrate her 18th birthday. Last year on her birthday she was on a ferry traveling from Athens, Greece to Venice, Italy. The flight from Toronto departed about one hour late and was a very enjoyable flight until we flew over the Gulf of Mexico when we started running into air turbulence which continued on and off until we got back over land again. We landed in Santiago, Chile and had to de-plane, go through security again and then back on the plane. Whereas the flight from Toronto was full, the portion from Santiago to Buenos Aires (2 hours) was half full so we had lots of room to stretch out. Upon arriving in BA we cleared customs and picked up our luggage quickly and then boarded an air-conditioned tour bus for the one hour drive to the domestic airport in BA for the final short flight to Montevideo. The temperature when we arrived was 26 degrees and most of the girls had already changed into shorts. Our flight was delayed an extra hour so everyone has just finished having something to eat and are heading to their gate. Tomorrow we tour Montevideo in the morning then go to visit a school in the afternoon and then play after school.....there will be no such thing as 'jet lag' for our girls....game day....blues....


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



20th March 2007

sounds like a good trip so far ladies!!!
20th March 2007

Wish I was there!
Happy Birtday Cathy! We have to have our team sleepove when you guys get back! Tell my dad to write an email to me! Miss you all!
21st March 2007

what a great job of bringing this trip for all to see, just a great job.

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb