Great philosophers: Confucius, Socrates and Ranjit


Advertisement
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Tigre
January 12th 2009
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -34.5843, -58.5251Up at 5:45 AM for the early train to the Tigre Delta. For a tour, you'd think it'd be a little more luxurious, in terms of sleeping in, but this is as rough as my backpacking trips! Breakfast was skipped, and we piled into a bunch of taxis bound for the train station.Ranjit made an interesting observation - he told Wade and I that last night he had been casually ga... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

zyzy
zy

Things briefly looked up with this dish - salmon with more of those fried onions, and a passion fruit sauce that Carole described as "divine". I agree! The sauce was a great complement.
zzzz
zz

Flounder - again? Served with sesame oil, we were getting too much of the same thing.
zzazza
zza

More sashimi, this time with corn ... the presentation is still good, but the food selections were getting monotonous.
zzbzzb
zzb

More sashimi, this time with sundried tomatoes. I likely would've appreciated these last few dishes more had they been the first sashimi dishes. But at this point, it was WAY beyond overkill. We cut it off, as everybody was getting full, and sick of the types of dishes that were coming out of the kitchen. It was a bit of a shame, as we never even got to sample any of the entrees.
zzczzc
zzc

Dessert - the presentation was strange, because there were two little cups, with two spoons. Though similar, they appeared to be slightly different. A sprinkling of nuts put the mousse over the top! This was accompanied by a very good, very strong cafe cortado.
zzdzzd
zzd

As is typical in many cafes, the cortados were served with little pastries - this time, some lovely little macaroons that were light, and not too sweet.
zzezze
zze

Rachel, with her anatomically-correct lighter.
zzfzzf
zzf

Lies! The store that calls itself "Open 25 Hours" was closed! False advertising!
zzgzzg
zzg

Ranjit wanted to score some brownie points with Darcie, so he bought her some flowers on our midnight excursion to track down Mr. Gelato ...
zzhzzh
zzh

... but don't tell Darcie that he first offered them to me! Oh, Ranjit ... had you been a 5'-3" Spanish senorita, and asked me with a sexy Spanish lisp, I would have been yours ...
ZZIZZI
ZZI

Now that's service! Earlier, I made some joke to Wade about not getting a mint on my pillow and when I returned, I found some! If only the hotel staff were as helpful as Wade!
ZZJZZJ
ZZJ

I was so excited at seeing mints on my pillow, that I pulled the drawer right out of our nightstand. Good thing I didn't find a Spanish senorita on my pillow, because I would have been so excited that the drawer would have flown out of my hand so hard, that it would have shattered our window, shattered Ranjit & Darcie's across the courtyard, and probably knocked out Ranjit as he was giving Darcie her flowers.



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb