Day 8 - El Tigre


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Tigre
January 17th 2009
Published: February 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Visite de la ville "Tigre" (ville située a 28 km de Buenos Aires) avec Davide et Elena.

Au début du 20e sigle, "El Tigre" était le lieu choisi par les riches pour leur maison de vacance. C'est maintenant une ville touristique ou on peut se promener en catamaran dans ses nombreuses rivières.

Durant la journée, on a fait une promenade en bateau sur le delta du rio de la Plata.

Then we went to the “Puerto de Frutos” (fruit port) in the afternoon, which is now a crafts fair located in the old fruit market by the riverside.

The trip to Tigre took us 40 minutes on a train. This was the first time I saw shanty towns in BsAs in such proximity as the train pulled out of the station. It looked davastating and disturbing. It was 38 degrees that day, which we didn't realize until we got home super tired and overheated. We took the boat cruise through the rivers in the delta which took about 2 hours. Here what interested me was the quantity of nice camping grounds· parks, and houses that are something like our cottages. There were a lot of people enjoying the sun and the river (even though it was really broun from the earth). We finished the day with the market trip which Stef mentioned above.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb