Bath time!


Advertisement
Published: December 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Having had a recoup in Rosario, it was time to move back to Buenos Aires. We decided to stop for a night in a small town called San Antonio De Areco. This town is mainly known for its gauchos (cowboys) and so has lots of ranches. We really just fancied some time out of the city so it seemed like a good bet.

After a very picturesque bus ride through miles and miles of farmland we arrived. We searched the square for the Draghi Hostel (recommended by some friends from the road). We could only find the Draghi Silver Musuem so decided to ask in there. It turned out to be the same place and our hostel was a few rooms out the back of the museum. The place was a great return to the luxuries we are used to from home. They had a gorgeous pool which we loafed in. Our room also had a bath, our first bath in 3 months .... ahhhh!

That evening we sat in the quiet main square watching the local activity. Lots of people arriving at bars in tractors and everyone here seems to know each other! We ended the evening with a delicious steak in a restuarant called Almacen De Ramos Generales - very recommended.

We didn't have long the next morning before our bus to Buenos Aires but we rose early and borrowed the hostel bikes to scoot round the town. It was such a pretty little place. We tried the Gaucho Museum but found it closed until 11am - the Argentinians aren't known for their early rising.

All in all San Antonio De Areco was a thoroughly worthwhile stop off which gave us a chance to pretend for 24 hours that we weren't really cheap travellers! Onwards to Buenos Aires and our own flat for a while week ... can't wait to unpack!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 14; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb