Puppetry of the Porcelain


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Mar del Plata
February 16th 2009
Published: February 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Argentinians are a resourse responsible species. This may be a result of the the localised financial crisis of 2001 when the government froze (and spent) the personal savings deposits of its citizens in last ditch attempt to circumvent bankruptsy. So long as an item is functional, (and I use that term very loosely), it appears that it will not be replaced.

An example of this would be the toilet seat in our Aparto in Mar Del Plata. Due to a broken hinge, plastic jaws would literally bite you unsuspecting on the trusero!

There was also the case of the majic toilet paper roll, which we strongly suspected had fallen accidently into the toilet bowl, (then been dried-out and re-hung), given the tell-tale discoloured water marks, the perilous squeeze of the recepticle itself to the wall, and the proximity and dubious capacity of the toilet paper holder.

But nothing demonstrates the resourcefulness so well as what happened one week after throwing out the offending roll, when following our cleaner´s visit, we discovered the roll had once again appeared in service!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb