Lions and tigers and bears ...oh my!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Luján
November 30th 2010
Published: December 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Mastered the Subte (underground rail system) today which is an excellent and cheap (1.10 pesos per trip - like 30 cents I think - no matter the distance or stops) way to get around the city.

Our plan for the day was a visit to Lujan Zoologica (zoo).

We caught the number 57 bus to Lujan (10.50 pesos from Plaza de Misere so less than $3 to go about 40k South of BA). As you arrive in the centro (centre) the massive church looms. Whether you are religious or not the architecture and stained glass of the immense church (grand basilica) is truly impressive although the abundance of dogs roaming around the square and lazing inside is a little bizarre.

Taxi back up the road to the zoo (30) and entry to the zoo (160.00 = around $10 each). First lots of photos of old trains and other machinery (for grandfather) and even a little ride around on a train.

Then to the purpose of our visit. I am not going to say much about this just post some photos...

Return bus ticket can be purchased in zoo souvenir shop.

We are about to head out onto the balcony for our BBQ.

Off to the falls tomorrow.




Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



4th December 2010

Man Wayne looks more excited then the kids check out his grin! How come no photos of Sonia with the animals?
4th December 2010

You said you would look after the kids,whats with the wild animails
9th December 2010

Guess we know who's taking all the photos. Turn the camera around every now and again so we can see your smile. LS1,2&3 :)

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb