Copa America Paraguay Vs Brazil


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » La Plata
July 17th 2011
Published: December 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Copa America 2011
Paraguay vs Brazil

17th July La Plata - Buenos Aires



Purely by coincidence, we were in Argentina at the time of Copa America 2011- in a part of the world that is passionate about football. So, when the opportunity came up to watch a live game of football, we jumped at the chance.

Having never even been to a live game before, I felt very lucky being able to go to watch Brazil vs Paraguay in Argentina! The night before we had watched Argentina get knocked out by Uruguay on penalties, so Brazil were now the front runners in the competition.

Inside the stadium there was a great atmosphere and it was almost full, being a quarter final game. It was exciting to watch and the football was impressive. Surprisingly after ninety minutes, it was 0-0 so it went to extra time. Still no goals thirty minutes later despite many opportunities so the quarter finals were to be decided on penalties.

Shockingly, Brazil missed four penalties with only one on target that was saved by the keeper, thus Paraguay were through to the semi finals and the crowd erupted into celebration whilst the Brazillians left quietly!

For me it was fun and exciting and a fantastic opportunity to watch world class football, surrounded by people who were passionate about the game!

JHG


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb