Argentina - Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » El Palomar
April 17th 2012
Published: April 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After leaving Puerto Iguacu we bussed it down to Buenos Aires which tookaround 17 hours! It wasn´t as bad a trip as I had anticipated but still very tiring! On arrival we headed for the bus but ended upgetting a taxi to our hostel in Palermo! The taxi was pretty reasonable at around 5 English Pounds!

Once inside we realised we had chosen a rotter of a hostel, If you´re ever inBuenos Aires thenplease donotstay at the Arribo Hostel, it is filthy! The state and smell of the place was woeful, no locks on doors or toilets and they had a cat, I´m allergic to cats so you can imagine my annoyance at watching it climb all over the kitchen appliances!

Getting over our initial nightmare we decided to hit the ground running and check out the town. We noticedthat Buenos was, like Rio massive so decided to split it into areas! First up was Palermo and its surroundings, pretty decent place, nice inner city area!

Next was El Boca! This area is massively rough and we had been told to stay to selected streets which we did, Police are everywhere so it´s not as bad as it could be but it´s a cool little town which I would recommened anyone going to visit. The streets areall multi coloured and it has a fair bit going on! It is also the home of Boca Juniors FootballClub and it´s Stadium! You may also bump into a local nut job who gave us tales of conspiracies about Bill Clinton and the American Government, total lunatic but very amusing!

One thing I must say about Buenos to its benefit is that it is so cheap and easy to get around. The bus links are great and it only costs around 15p to any stopalong the route!

The rest of the time we explored around Congress and Ministry of Defence, Evita Balcony and Harbour as well as the parks of the city. I can honestly say that I didn´tfall in love with Buenos as much as I had expected or hoped. Nice place, nothing particularly special!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb