Arrival in Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
February 20th 2017
Published: July 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Our excited arrival at BA airport soon palled when standing over 2 hours in the line to reach passport control. Yes it was fun chatting to all the people around us finding out what they planned to do but after an overnight flight we were weary. Once through we got to the baggage hall to discover there was no indication of our flight on the carousels so we methodically checked all the bags that had been taken off, clearly so many flights had arrived that the hall was full. Having found them we exited to locate the Holland America transport to the ship. That was well organised and within the hour we reached the port, our bags having been taken in vans to the ship.

In the port terminal we regained our excitement as we were waved through to the boarding lounge upstairs within minutes, only to discover another passport control line to exit Argentina! This one took an hour and a half to reach the front and be allowed through to the buses that would take us to the ship. In all we had 5 hours from landing to boarding the ship, on top of the 14 hours flight and 3 at London Heathrow it made for a very tedious start to the trip.

I had arranged a private tour from the port for 2.30 so we just dumped our travel bags in the cabin and returned to the terminal.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb