Y Volvemos


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
August 10th 2015
Published: August 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


I really should probably list this as somewhere over Brazil or something, but we'll go with Buenos Aires for old times' sake. This was our last day in South America, which was sad.

We woke up for a 7:00 breakfast before our bus came through at 8:00. A bit of time in the airport, and we caught our flight to Buenos Aires around 10:45. After landing in the city airport, we took a taxi to downtown to change money one last time for lunch and a cab to the international airport. Lunch was one last bout of empanadas at our favorite empanada place near the school. We hung out there for a while and met a Canadian dancer who speaks no Spanish and was very confused about pricing. To be fair, pricing is confusing here. Many places that offer takeout charge more for sitting and eating, including here. Taking empanadas costs $14 each, but sitting costs $15 each, plus "cover" (which is table service charged by most restaurants).

We then went to a Starbucks near my host mom's house to sit for a bit before going back to the house so I could pick up the luggage she'd graciously let me leave behind. Our taxi van was waiting for us, so after I picked it up, we were off to Ezeiza! After checking our bags, we hit security and went to the gate. It was very weird boarding: although we went through security relatively similar to that in the US, Delta individually hand checked each carry on bag. I don't know why, but it was a bit annoying. Anyway, we boarded, and my wonderful amazing girlfriend gave me her aisle seat and took the middle, since she knows I wouldn't be able to handle a middle seat with my long legs for a 10 hour flight. And with that, we're off home to the grand old US of A!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.9kb