Detour!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 27th 2015
Published: February 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

So we had our first incident of the adventure. After having taken the ferry back to Buenos Aires we took off for Ushuaia. The flight seemed to be progressing normally until we were infomed by the captain that we had developed a problem with our front tyres upon take-off and were required to make an emergency landing.

Little did we know we had been circling the countryside of BA for the last 2.5 hours instead of progressing on our southerly flight path. I thought I recognized that farm!

The pilots then executed a low level "fly-by" of the airport so ground staff could asertain the extent of the damage to the front tyres/landing gear.

We were advised that we were going to land and that it might be a little bumpy. The landing was smooth with no issues, lots of relieved faces and a loud and well deserved applause for the pilots and flight crew.

Must say, we've never been in a situation like this before but the pilots and flight crew handled the whole experience with the utmost professionalism, thank you.

On the brightside, I get one more steak in BA!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Oh firemen!Oh firemen!
Oh firemen!

Nice to see that even in moments of stress Sandra still gets distracted by firemen!


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb