Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
March 14th 2012
Published: March 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Buenos AiresBuenos AiresBuenos Aires

Teatro Colon: stained glass window
Another lazy breakfast. We then walked to the Teatro Colon (again with Gill who had also planned to visit the theatre). This theatre is the main concert hall and opera house. We took a guided tour of the theatre and it is really beautiful with marble and stained glass and gold leaf and mosaic floors and fabulous chandeliers, high ceilings, very grand auditorium with hundreds of boxes and huge stage. Well worth the visit. We left Jill to post her postcards and went off to put the blog up to date as we have been quite behind and are moving on tomorrow and probably won't have internet access for another couple of days......

We went to Starbucks as we needed to use skype for a UK hotel booking for Emma's graduation and we collected a specially painted T-shirt from a craft fair for Ed which those of you who know us will see on our return.

In the evening we went out for pre-dinner drinks to a bar to say goodbye to those leaving the group. Following that, we went to a Tango show at the Tortoni Cafe - one of the oldest and most ornate cafes in Buenos
Buenos AiresBuenos AiresBuenos Aires

Teatro Colon: Reception hall
Aires. There was singing and Tango dancing attached to some story line. However, this was all in Spanish and geared very much to the Spanish market and we couldn't make much sense of it. The musiciians were very good and the tango dancing was pleasant. The women's costumes were glittery if a little sparse. We had an overpriced and not particularly good meal there. However, we understood that one is supposed to see a Tango show in Buenos Aires so we did!

And back to the hotel to bed............


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb