Hola Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 2nd 2012
Published: January 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I know its been a while since we updated our blog and there is a huge chunk (all 7 months in Australia) missing but we´re now on the final leg of our journey, so expect to be annoyed with emails from us again telling you what an amazing time we´re having! Dont worry we will do Australia soon!!



After bidding Australia and all our friends a sad farewell we boarded our flight at 11am on 2nd January and arrived in Buenos Aires 13 hours later 10.30am local time, half hour before we left!! Fortunately due to my leg being the same size as an elephant trunk and looking pretty bad from the spider (unconfirmed) bite, the guy at check in either fancied me or felt sorry for me and upgraded us. This meant we had two seats on our own with loads of leg room to keep my foot elevated and the best flight of the trip so far.

By the time we got to our hostel we were both knackered so slept for about 5 hours, just enough to build an appetite for steak and red wine!

Buenos Aires is a large city that feels very European, you could easily mistake it for Spain or Italy, although it has some nice old buildings and good steak, we weren´t particularly impressed with the place. Having had a good walk around the main city centre we thought it would be a good idea to get on the hop-on hop-off bus tour, what an awful mistake that was! We had to queue for an hour just to buy the tickets, only to find the tickets we had bought were not valid until 16.40 and it was now 13.00. One of the main reasons we bought the tickets was to visit La Boca, an area we had been warned by many was very dangerous. We therefore jumped on a local bus and made our own way there. I´m glad we did as well, as it is full of brightly coloured houses and bars with Tango going on outside. We stayed there for a few hours exploring, had a few beers, didnt see or feel any trouble then got on tour bus and finished the rest or the crappy tour.

Two or three days is definately enough for this city and im glad we went but wont return in a hurry!



Next stop Uruguay!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb