BA: I pity the falls!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
November 11th 2011
Published: November 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We got a taxi across the border, remembering this time to get stamped out, and were dropped off at our hostel. The room we were put in smelled of damp and we were moved to a deserted annex house. Vowing to move hostels in the morning we hit the hay.

We moved our bags and things to a new hostel bright and early in the morning and jumped aboard the bus to the Argentinian side of the falls.

We wandered around the park looking at all the wildlife and marveling at how close you get to the many amazing waterfalls. Everywhere you looked there were millions of colourful butterflies, most of which seemed to want to come and lick us!

We were able to take a really great boat ride that took us directly under the torrents, leaving us invigorated and drenched! Luckily we had been warned about this and had worn our swimming costumes.

When we got back to the hostel we got showered and went to the bar, where we met some of the other guests and got talked into going to see a puppet show that they were putting on in a local hotel. It was very weird at first as the puppet master was interacting with the puppets (Charlene said it was like watching someone having a breakdown). But it was so clever that soon we were as absorbed by the story as everyone else.

After Puerto Iguazu we got an overnight bus to Buenos Aires and headed on the Subte (Metro) to our hostel.

In Buenos Aires we headed to see the giant obelisk and the ‘pink palace’ with the famous balcony where Evita used to address the people. We also visited a beautifully laid out garden with statues bridges and ponds. In addition to these things the garden also had special ‘guards’ whose sole job was to blow their whistles and yell at anyone who stepped on the grass! The highlight of Buenos Aires for Stuart, however, was finding a British pub where we were able to get a PINT OF CIDER for the first time in almost three months! For Charlene the highlight was probably being able to see the new Twilight film.

Next stop Uruguay…


Additional photos below
Photos: 99, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb