El Jardin Japones, El Jardin Botanico, y los gatos


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
October 16th 2011
Published: October 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today I decided to get out of the house and check some more things off my list of things to do in Buenos Aires. I was going to go by myself, but happy that my roommates decided to join me. We took the bus to the Japanese garden first. It was really beautiful. We bought some food to feed the coy fish (which were really fat) and walked around enjoying the gardens. There were a few cats walking around the garden and it was really nice to have pets around. Before leaving the garden we all decided to buy our host mom a little bonsai tree for dia de la madre (mothers day). Afterwards we decided to head to the botanical gardens and get food along the way. I loved walking through Palermo. It's a really beautiful neighborhood with so many little stores and cafes. We all split a fugazzeta (onion and cheese) and napolitana (tomatoes and cheese) pizza at Kentucky pizza. Then we stopped at a store we saw along the way because they had alpargatas (argentine TOMS. TOMS are actually based off a traditional argentine shoe). We all tried some on and i bought a pair that i really like. Afterwards we headed to the Botanical garden. I could believe it was free. It was so beautiful and each section of the garden was devoted to plants from a different country. But my favorite part is that there were cats everywhere. Most of the cats were super friendly too and would come up to you to be petted. It was cute too because you there were little bowls of food and water throughout the park, almost like the cats were meant to be there. I was sad to leave all of the cats behind but i'll definitely be back when i miss having pets around. chau!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb